Friday, October 12, 2007

My Team

Straight out of college I was given the job to lead a Team ..almost 22 of them...some of them much experienced than me...ohh I am using past-tense here just to update my blog with events I missed ..but dont waana miss bloggin em...ok...back to the story then..I was replacing Tathagat Dey..doesnt that name sounds like someone genious...and so he was!..The most brilliant and the Best TL around..given the responsiblity of the biggest project ever bagged by the company...and here I was..a lazy ass..still trying to find out what I was doing in a BPO after engineering. I was with him for almost 2 weeks...used to sit with him..learn all the tricks..trying to understand what he tried to explain things in a language ..which sounded more like a alien language to me..you know how those top rankers tried to explain maths problems to you...thats exactly used to feel. But then we became really great buddies...and he also explained the other things in a workplace...yeah..corporate politics..which was evident coz..there were some really incompetent people at great positions..no wonder theres a culture not to call "sir" to seniors;-)
Finally the day arrived...it was tats' last day..and i was shit scared...that i will be sitting alone at his desk from the next day! But as things passed I slowly but steadily picked up...all thanks to my team..my biggest strength...we had become great frends...freaking together...goin for muvees..dint feel i was outta college....!!!