Monday, May 10, 2010

Love the smell of grease

"Arre mera maal atak raha hai, fatafat becho!"...aaahh when I heard this in my latest organisation, I smiled a breath of relief and told myself, "I guess I am home.". After a day in a PSU Bank learning how to market hi-end financial products (read: selling demat accounts), filling a 3-in-1 KYC or know your customer form which has to be signed at nothing less than 46 places, Tata Motors certainly felt like my home-ground. I realised I was more comfortable with all those gears and shafts running in my head than investment, finance, money, markets etc. All the buzz, loud calls, pushing the dealers, following up with vendors, bosses yelling at the top of their voices, everything reminded me of my previous employer, Godrej. A fantastic project was an icing on the cake!