Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kahaani me twist - Re-hired!

I was happily under TCS Hangover, that I got one more element of surprise that Life always manages to give me, just to make things interesting enough to be blogged about. I got a call from Tata Motors for an interview. Yes, the very company which I had been trying hard now for almost half a year. I had almost lost hope and had moulded my mind to be ready for whatever opportunity I get and I did too. "Why now?" was the only thing that came in my mind. I was happy, no doubt about that, but somewhere the happiness was hesitant. I agreed to be interviewed but my mind was still solving puzzles to understand whats happening. I couldnot understand why am I not entirely happy, when the opportunity to be associated with Automobiles had come knocking my doors, which I had been trying relentlessly and failed consistently right from 10th class!

I went for the interview. The office was like my home ground as I had done my summers there. The interviewer had seen me roaming clueless around dealerships. He quipped whether I was looking for a second Innings and I nodded in firm agreement. Then the Regional Head wanted to be convinced whether I was fit enough for the Job. I got a call informing that I was selected and I will receive the offer soon. I did get the offer which was too less for me to relocate out of Mumbai and then started a really long period of negotiations. Throughout this period I was being seduced by the awesome bucks TCS offered and its assumed comfortable Job Role with a possible chance of going abroad and earning a lot more awesome bucks! It was like making a choice between an arranged match and true love. Finally they agreed to pay more at the fag end. Today being the first day of me joining Tata Motors, I cant  help but to believe that Success is like a Butterfly, You run after it...it runs away..and when you stand still, It comes and sits on you. What? Was it for happiness and not success? Well it suits me this way.